Most of us, these days, rely on our smart phones to access different websites for solving our different needs. The use of laptops for this purpose has reduced greatly. However, not all websites have been able to keep pace with this trend and hence, their websites are slow to operate and difficult to navigate on a mobile phone. This can be quite frustrating and most people stop using these sites altogether. If you do not want this to be the fate of your website, then you will have to take immediate actions to convert your website into a Mobile Friendly Website. Before you resort to website designing for revamping your site to make it mobile friendly, the thing to do is to understand the concept of mobile friendly website.
Features Of A Mobile Friendly Website
While planning for Website Designing, Some of the key features which a website which is mobile friendly must include are as follows:
- The navigation through the site should be easy, even on the mobile device.
- The file size used for the contents should be small. This can be done either by compressing, replacing or removing the design elements from the site. This will also help in making the usage of the site easier.
- The content should be short, to the point and precise. Mobile users do not like too many details, hence the use of bullet points and headings and sub-headings is preferred.
- The keypad of the phone can be used for selection of various links on the mobile site. This increases the functionality of the site greatly.
- The various forms in the site can be linked to the registered email address of the mobile users from where all the details of the user, like his name, contact details, etc., can be directly filled into the forms.
Features Of A Non-Friendly Mobile Website
Just as it is important to understand the feature which make a site mobile friendly, similarly, it is also important to know and beware of the features which can make your website mobile non-friendly.
- Viewing of the content is difficult due to excess navigation or scrolling of the screen requirement. Therefore, if the user has to scroll his screen left, right, up and down many times to read a content, then he will not enjoy the experience of your site on his mobile.
- The link buttons are very small in size and hence difficult to operate. It is important that these links should be made in bold sizes and placed at good intervals from each other making it easy to operate them even with fat or big fingers.
- The content of the website includes many different font sizes, because of which the user has to constantly zoom in and out of the screen. This, too, can be quite frustrating for the user.
- The format for filling out the embedded forms in the site is very difficult.
Making Of A Mobile Friendly Website
Once you have understood what all features to include and which all features to avoid while doing website designing for your mobile site, the next step is to choose one of the following methods for making your website mobile friendly in the most budgeted and cost effective manner:
- Create mobile apps for your website instead of offering complete site on the mobile phones.
- Convert your existing site into a mobile website
- Use responsive website designs to make your website equally efficient for use, both on a laptop as well as on a mobile device.